Human Resources Practitioner
Tuesday, 17 May 2022
Building/Construction/Mining - Mining
PLEASE NOTE THIS IS A FIXED TERM CONTRACT POSITION. PLEASE DO NOT APPLY UNLESS YOU QUALIFY IN FULL
Diploma / Degree – Human Resources
6 Years’ experience as a HR Generalist
Technical / Computer Knowledge
Ability to competently use Microsoft Suite of Products
HR Information System
Ability to travel extensively
Provide information and assistance to employees and management on HR and work-related issues
- Ensure the regular auditing of HR services to ensure the implementation of appropriate systems, processes and HR documents according to the operational needs and objectives
- Update employee contracts as per legislation or changes in policy as and when required,
- Assist in the development and implementation of the HR plan and relevant procedures
- Assist offices with relevant information and documentation related to Department of Labour audits
- Compile annual salary increase letters and distribute to all employees
- Participate in and be accountable for internal and external audits in area of responsibility
Provide support to managers and employees to develop the skills and capabilities of employees
- To put in place and maintain the organisational manpower planning and organogram system to ensure full optimisation of labour utilisation within the organisation
Co-ordinate employee recruitment and selection process in order to ensure a timely organised and comprehensive procedure is used to hire employees
- Ensure that accurate job descriptions are in place
- Provide advice and assistance with writing job descriptions
- Send new job descriptions for formal job grading to external provider
HR Systems Management
- Provide advice and assistance to managers on employee recruitment. Ensure that recruitment is in line with Labour Budget and that variances are correctly motivated and authorized.
- Prepare Grapevines and on-line adverts for vacant positions
- Advertise all positions internally as a first option
- Liaise with recruitment agencies to source suitably qualified applicants or advertise on LinkedIn as appropriate
- Schedule and organise interviews
- Participate in applicant interviews
- Conduct relevant security checks and reference checks on possible candidates
- Arrange psychometric assessments as required
- Decline candidates not successful
- Conduct exit interviews and provide reporting
- Manage, Maintain and audit the HR system to ensure that data is accurate
- Ensure that system is used optimally and effectively
- Conduct regular audits between the HR system and Payroll to ensure alignment and correct discrepancies as they are detected.
- Ensure that HR related reporting is submitted monthly to Head of HR [Movement, Absence, Terminations, Recruitment stats & trends, etc.]
- Compile complex reports for the Executive as and when required, ensuring accuracy.
- Ensure the implementation of a wellness program to create awareness, identify and treat wellness related problems with/of employees according to organisational requirements and sound wellness management principles.
- Support the company’s change initiatives by adhering to the set out values of the organisation.
- Analyse the area's financial needs to ensure effective budgeting according to functional objectives.
- Control expenditure according to budget and report deviations according to financial procedures.
- Update salaries for all occupational bands once annual increases have been agreed to and issue to line managers upon request.
Inury on duty
- Ensure the effective implementation and monitoring of SHEQ within all TEBA offices
- Ensure that quarterly SHEQ meetings are held as per legislation
- Ensure that offices complete quarterly Checklists.Team Leaders to summarize areas of non-compliance. Report any areas of concern to the Executive
- Support business in driving COVID-19 regulations compliance in all office
- Ensure that all relevant forms are completed and reported to RMA within seven working days.
- Manages external service providers and clients by co-ordinating the implementation of projects and service level agreements
Knowledge, skills and attributes required
- Project management experience
- Knowledge and understanding of all Labour Legislation (BCEA, LRA, COIDA, etc)
- Knowledge and understanding of CCMA rules
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Innovative and ability to solve problems effectively
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to analyse complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication – articulate and confident in delivery
- Excellent presentation skills – preparation of visual display and verbal presentation
- Excellent planning abilities