- Grade 12 or NQF Level 4 certificate is essential.
- Valid Permanent Blasting certificate is essential.
- Computer literacy (MS Office packages) is essential.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience as a Stope Miner is essential.
- Competent A and B is essential.
- Knowledge of mine standards best practices, risk management and operational business objectives.
- Technical knowledge with regard to stopping, development, survey, equipping explosives. And safety policies, procedures and regulations are essential.
- Reading and interpreting the business plan and allocated resources accordingly
- Planning production targets and ensure measures to achieve production targets
- Receiving and conveying instructions from shaft management on work priorities
- Planning, organising, leading and controlling activities in the mining operations process
- Mark shot & pilot holes for primary and secondary blasting in an underground working area
- Treating and removing misfires and charge shaft holes will prime explosives
- Supporting the underground working area by means of anchors placed into drilled holes, elongated support units that are hydraulic stressed and packs
- Transport material and equipment by means of a mono rope system
Please note that prospective employees will be subject to security vetting. Should you not hear from us within 10 working days, please consider your application as unsuccessful.