Our client in the manufacturing industry based in Uitenhage is currently looking to employ a Reliability Specialist (Mixing).
Qualifications and Experience:
- N6 or National Diploma in Engineering Field/NQF equivalent
- Candidates should have both Planner experience and breakdown support experience.
- 2 + years of planning maintenance activities (Advantageous)
- 5+ years of manufacturing experience in maintenance and/or engineering
- Experience in a Union environment
- Experience in a Continuous Improvement / Zero Loss Concept / Total Productive Maintenance / Lean environment
- Strong background and thorough understanding of maintenance systems and manufacturing equipment
- Technical background in scheduling and planning, computerized layouts, capital estimating, etc.
- Strong customer focus, both internal and external
- Solid background in safety and project management
- Demonstrated leadership and coaching skills (Servant Leader)
- Strong Problem-solving skills and mentality
- Courageous and willing to make decisions
- Collaborative style and ability to influence
- Open minded, pro-active and able to drive change
- High sense of urgency and ability to deal with multiple and/or conflicting priorities
- Strong communication skills (written and oral)
- Demonstrated financial and business acumen
- Fluent in English
- Reporting to the Reliability Manager
- As a leader, and with safety being one of the company’s most important values, all actions and decisions must support a "zero accident - absolute safety" focus and culture.
- A key leader in the High-Performance Team (HPT) responsible to lead and develop and drive systems and processes to ensure equipment reliability.
- Ensure alignment with the other key leaders in an HPT, taking the lead role in the situational leadership model to make final decisions for the team in the equipment reliability area.
- Manage, coordinate, and implement asset management tools to reduce losses. Focus on FI and RCFA with goal of Zero Breakdown.
- Provide support, input, and expertise to set and meet the AOP targets for the HPT to ensure the overall performance of the HPT and facility
- Establish and lead improvement projects to avoid repeating the failures. (RCFA / FI). Lead and drive the Reliability actions to support DOR in the HPT. Management and drive the action plans of failure analysis (RCFA). Support Plant Optimization.
- Analyze the maintenance KPI's from MTTR, MTBF, Breakdown and define and drive the actions to improve results. (ACM). Develop improvements in machines using FI concepts of Big losses, keeping the list of projects and priorities for improvement of its updated area. Oversee the asset during its existence eliminating obsolescence and the natural deterioration of the equipment within the capital management. (Cp)
- Participate in the intervention of catastrophic failures, taking the lead when appropriate for larger issues, and make the reporter of these failures, keep Updates, and follow up. Management action plans of failure analysis (RCA).
- Analyze the reports from the Predictive tools and define actions. (ACM). Drive the planning and execution of postage service their area of responsibility.
- Keeping active operational functions as specified performance standards (RCM/ Re). Responsible for understanding how assets fail and its impacts establishing plans / proactive tasks. (FMEA). ABC curve of Assets (Ca)
- Lead benchmarking (good practice, Technological Update and Contact with other plants).
- Lead and drive compliance for CTI`s, MSR`s, GMS, Rules and legislation in the HPT's area of responsibility. Support external and internal audits.
- Drive the planning and execution big jobs at their area of responsibility
- Establish and lead improvement projects to avoid repeating the failures. (RCFA / FI). Lead and drive the Reliability actions to support DOR in the HPT. Management and drive the action plans of failure analysis (RCFA). Support Plant Optimization and business team pillar leader for Reliability Excellence.
Please consider your application unsuccessful should you not receive a response within 2 weeks of applying.