Our client based in Port Elizabeth is looking to employ a Senior Debtors Controller. (EE)
- Matric and 3 years Diploma / Certificate in Bookkeeping / Accounting.
- Minimum of 3 years of work experience in a similar role.
- Debt collection experience.
- Customer service.
- Basic MS Office Skills.
- Knowledge of Pastel Evolution.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage debtors’ clerks and assist them where necessary.
- Ensure that the credit, billing, and collection policies are developed for approval, communicated to divisions, and adhered to.
- Ensure the onboarding process is adhered to and the relevant debit order collection documents are filed for all companies.
- Run consolidated age analysis monthly for all the companies and provide comments on overdue accounts and circulate to the team.
- Ensure invoicing is completed timeously for all the companies by the relevant invoicing staff.
- Follow up on overdue accounts.
- Run the monthly debtors meeting.
- Balance accounts receivable to GL.
- Manage the query resolution process for billing and ensure billing recons are performed monthly.
- Resolution of customer queries.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, especially email and telephone etiquette.
- Solid understanding of basic bookkeeping and accounting receivable principles.
- Ability to work well in a team as well as independently.
- Good people skills.
- Attentive to detail and passionate about problem-solving.
- Able to accurately estimate work required on tasks, prioritize work and deliver to deadlines.
- Able to think creatively outside the box.
Please note should you not receive a response within two weeks of applying please consider your application unsuccessful.