- Work closely with other functional areas including Aftersales to identify top product issues to be investigated.
- Conduct independent investigations and solve technical problems on vehicles, sub-systems and components following disciplined problem solving methodologies with a high level of engineering expertise.
- Clearly identify problem root cause/s.
- Regularly provide actionable technical feedback.
- Implement plant and field containment and solutions for all open product problems.
- Work closely with solution owners including other functional areas and source plants to ensure corrective actions are robust and implemented in a timely manner.
- National Diploma or Degree in Mechanical, Electrical or Mechatronics Engineering.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in automotive - Quality and /or Engineering disciplines.
- Aftersales Field Service Engineering and / or Technical Support experience is an advantage.
- Good knowledge of warranty data analysis and competitive customer surveys.
- Good knowledge of Isuzu Warranty Systems and dealer claims process.
- Basic knowledge of GART, TrackerGART, and other process tools
- Good oral and written communication / presentations skills.
- Code B and EC drivers licenses.
Competencies & Skills
- High degree of planning and creative ability and discipline
- High level of analytical ability to solve product problems at vehicle, sub-system and component levels
- KnowledgSkilled in Advanced Excel including e of Design for Six Sigma, Failure Mode and Effects Analysis
- the use of pivot charts and tables.
- Skilled in the use of Product Problem Resolution methods and tools.
- Understand vehicle and components function, validation and test methods
- Understand component and sub-system failure modes
- Conduct vehicle, sub-system and component test and validation to support failure investigations
- Understand manufacturing processes
- Conduct plant audits
- Possess a high level of subject matter knowledge
- Customer focused & results driven
- Work flexible hours when required to meet deadlines
- Work under pressure
- Work independently
- High level of interpersonal skills to work effectively with others including cross functional teams and the dealer network
- Good personal initiative and judgement
- Good knowledge of PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Experience with vehicle diagnostic tools e.g. GIDSS.
Please forward CV and ALL supporting documentation to, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Should you not hear from Profile Personnel within 14 days please consider your application unsuccessful for the vacancy. Please note all applications will automatically be added to our database for future vacancies.