Our client in the Automotive industry based in Port Elizabeth is currently looking to employ a Senior Buyer.
- Processing of purchase orders on SAP.
- Assisting with sending orders created to suppliers.
- Providing support with project logistics budgets/ costing and obtaining approvals.
- Working closely with Finance department on open invoices.
- Expediting for both local and foreign orders.
- Negotiating with vendors and building positive, long term relationships with suppliers.
- Researching new suppliers, products.
- Loading of suppliers and completing credit applications on SAP.
- Preparing costs comparisons on various projects for orders required to ensure best bid is obtained/ selected.
- Liaise with Stores department to ensure all products arrive in good working condition.
- Handling supplier related queries and late deliveries.
- Execute any other duties as reasonably requested by the Management team.
- Good knowledge of the SAP system.
- Degree / Diploma in Purchasing or Supply chain
- 3 – 5 Years’ experience in in Procurement
- Good understanding of supply chain procedures
- Identify alternative suppliers to fill present and future needs
- MS Office – Outlook, Excel, Word and purchasing software
- SAP or similar ERP systems experience advantageous
- Strong negotiation skills
- Good communication skills
- Resourceful organisational skills.
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Drivers Licence.
Please consider your application unsuccessful if you have not heard back from us within 2 weeks of applying.