To ensure efficient operation of all plant on equipment on their shift, by managing all core functions of the role. Following a thorough training period, which may included overseas travel, the Process Owner will initially be a key member in the team that launches a new Blow Mould Machine and Production Line at the East London facility in South Africa. Initial functions will be to assist with the installation and commissioning of local equipment and to ensure compliance towards local rules and regulations related to imported production equipment. Prior to, and after commencement of production, the Process Owner will support industrialisation and other internal activities related to process definitions, improvements, lean manufacturing, in-process quality, etc.
- Define process layouts, define process parameters, generation of process flow diagrams, produce PFMEA’s.
- Define and implement the action plans to achieve and exceed operation targets.
- Process problems: give a systematic approach for analysis, implementation. Includes quality problems
- Create process flow diagrams and troubleshooting flowcharts for process technicians.
- Generation of detailed layouts to ensure optimized efficiency for manning / OTT.
- Standard labour documents. Including MTM, CPPS, set-up sheets, tool changes, etc
- Participate in new process introductions, overlapping with CCC engineer
- Participate in APQP process (product design input, DFM, PFMEA, project management of process equipment).
- Implement simple running changes according the AQP
- Responsible to review and agree upon process changes
- Compliance with Health, Safety and Environmental requirements
- Participate in continuous improvement activities
- Analyse statistical data from process (scrap, downtime, cycle-time, dimensional capability etc.) and recommend/implement appropriate improvements.
- Attend production meetings to provide input on process related issues
- Respond to production issues on their shift, and support towards a 24hr operation.
- Meet regularly with line workers to address departmental issues
- Conduct regular process and maintenance feedback meetings.
- Work with production planning to maintain cost effective and timely production schedules and inventories.
- Continuously communicate internally and externally; using this information to pro-actively plan efficient operation of the department - promote an attitude of “Customer Service” toward “internal and external customer”.
- Ensure project introduction is handled to agreed quality standards within the required time frame and within budgeted cost
- Supervise and instruct Maintenance Technician staff as required.
- Create and update company standards using lessons learnt and best practice.
- Support process prove-out (run-at rate trials).
- Support trials and trial activity, including trial report writing
- Support Tooling / Equipment acceptance, prove-out and debug.
- Support others as part of the overall product launch process.
- Support the program to achieve targets for Budget and project costs.
- Support new process development for new design concepts
- Support of plant engineering in case of major issues in series production
- BTech Degree S4. 5-7 Years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Blow Moulding experience essential