Our client in the Automotive industry has a position available for a Quality Engineer/Technician based in East London.
The purpose of the Quality Engineer/Technician role is to be responsible for the quality of moulded plastic components, process quality, as well as customer/supplier concerns and other duties as assigned by the Quality Manager.
- Diploma/ B Tech in Engineering.
- Three to Five year’s relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of the Injection Moulding process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for all products (OEM and Tier 1 suppliers), including customer requirements and specifications, APQP process and customer complaints.
- Ensuring that customer complaints, and non-conformances are addressed and prevented from re-occurring (close the loop effectively).
- Liaise with local and overseas suppliers and OEMs on quality matters, root cause investigations and corrective/preventative action plans and update of the relevant documentation.
- Represent the company in customer quality discussions (internally and externally), and advise on requirement/specifications, able to present on quality issues to the customers.
- Ensure all customer-specific requirements are included effectively and efficiently into internal systems, procedures and specifications.
- Prepare reports on quality related matters.
- Plan, execute and close issues on audits (Quality System audits, Process Audits, Product Audits).
- Effectively participate in all 1st, 2nd and third party audits.
- Provide training to all employees on customer and quality standard requirements.
- Hands-on knowledge of KPM Halle (Problem solving) and Be on system (for PPAP submissions).
For CCC Certification in the absence of the Quality Manager, the Quality Engineer shall ensure:
- That the requirements of China's Implementation Rules for Compulsory Certification of Motor Vehicle Products (for interior trim parts: CNCA-C11-09:2014) are fulfilled and that the complete implementation is secured and adjusted periodically according to the given changes.
- That the CCC certified products always comply with the Chinese product standard (for interior trim parts: GB 8410-2006).
- That a process instruction exists, which regulates the labeling with the CCC logo.
- That a procedural instruction exists, which ensures that the CCC logo is not applied on either faulty, non-conforming or non-certified products, and not on such products that have been modified after certification without an adjustment of the certificate.
- That a CoP Control Plan is created and implemented.
- That any relevant changes are announced to the Chinese Certification Authority.
If you are not contacted within two weeks of applying, please consider your application unsuccessful.