Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates who meet the following job specifications. Please note that only candidates who meet the inherent requirements of the position will be considered.
To Develop, plan, and execute the master production schedule
- Work with other cross-functional departments (Logistics – Breakpoint Controller; Expeditors
- Maintenance: Launch Engineering/Program Management) to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Daily participation in production meetings, presenting updated master production schedules and making the necessary adjustments to keep the plan accurate and updated
- Raise concerns when it becomes apparent that the schedule is at risk, and work with the relevant parties to assure schedule adherence
- Develop, plan, and execute the master production schedule based on actual and manage and report inventory performance and record accuracy
- Update and maintain system parameters
- Ensure smooth operations throughout the production and distribution
- Analyse lead times with operations and supply chain to ensure schedule accuracy
- Create and maintain schedules.
- Provide quick responses to production issues.
- Use software to generate reports and schedules.
- Ensure that company deadlines are met.
- Ensure Tool & Part setup, review, and signoff as per BOS
- Ensure that MEQ standards are understood and used
- Identify production risks, quantify, develop mitigation strategy, report, and escalate to management, and execute the risk mitigation strategy with the operations team.
- Timely scheduling & adjustments with a focus on Forward Planning
- Immediate Adjustments to mitigate unforeseen incidents, e.g., Breakdowns
- Zero premium freight due to inaccurate Scheduling
- Guarantee proper management of changes in Operations (JIT, Components, etc.) by using the Change Management Procedure (e.g., CAR, TA, SOW, timing, Launch Costs, Piece Costs).
- Ensure that all required quality documentation (PFMEA, Control plan) is completed and approved both internally and by the customer.
- A Tertiary Qualification and/or equivalent experience in Logistics or Production Planning
- At least 4 years’ experience in an automotive manufacturing environment
- Logistics/Engineering/Process experience
- Program Scheduling experience
- Manufacturing Operations
- Lean Manufacturing (YFIMS)
- MS Project, MS Office, QAD