Applications are invited from suitably qualified internal candidates who meet the following job specifications. Please note that only candidates who meet the inherent requirements of the position will be considered. Independently manage the plant operations in line with the strategic and annual profit plans.
- Manage the operations within the plant
- Establishes goals, objectives and guidelines covering all phases of plant operations and staff activities to maintain an efficient, functional, operational and profitable plant.
- Directs, guides and motivates immediate subordinates in attainment of projected goals and objectives to increase operational efficiency.
- Establishes and enforces procedures and controls within the plant to attain projected goals and objectives.
- Supports and promotes Company Philosophies and policies to establish support and organisation within the plant.
- Makes all decisions and approvals to exercise control over vital elements of the plant organisation and formulates such decisions based upon Company policy and other pertinent data.
- Plans and forecasts plant requirements with respect to equipment, manning, materials and facilities to establish budgets for labour and materials and to complete the organisational structure by requesting reports from departmental subordinates and transcribing the information into the required forecasts and/or reports.
- Initiates and implements new methods and procedures in areas such as scrap control, manufacturing techniques and work force utilization to capitalize upon deployment of the plant facilities and to increase the efficiency of the operations by becoming familiar with related industries through meetings and seminars.
- Participates heavily in customer relations by both receiving and calling on customer representatives to promote a sound relationship and to act as liaison between them and the plant to solve problems which have or might arise.
- Recommends acquisition of capital equipment to update present equipment, to increase plant efficiency and to compensate for design and product changes.
- Recommending changes in organisation classifications, compensations and/or fringe benefits for salaried and plant personnel to provide working conditions equivalent to or better than those in the area.
- Reviews the job performance of each subordinate so that employee training and development maybe utilized per Company policy.
- Minimum Engineering or Manufacturing/Production related degree.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience in automotive supply industry at Management level, compulsory
- Minimum 5 years’ experience as Plant Manager, compulsory
- Proven experience in Leading People
- Track record in continuous improvement
- Problem solving skills
- Ability to cope with stressful situations
- Teamwork approach
- Excellent Financial Management expertise and/or knowledge