Plan and carry out daily mechanical and electrical maintenance to all plant machinery.
- Ensuring Preventative Maintenance is carried out according to schedules for both mechanical and electrical.
- Frequently check stock levels for all spares/materials and order in time.
- Assisting the Maintenance Manager in periodic trend analysis of breakdowns and expenditure with recommendations for continual improvement.
- Involvement in daily emergencies and urgent work requests.
- Completion of basic preventative maintenance.
- Ensuring 5S System and safe working standards are adhered too at all times.
- Keeping the Maintenance Manager informed of abnormal or critical situations and seeking advice on matters outside the Planner's knowledge or authority.
- Ensuring maintenance procedures and documentation complies with relevant Quality Assurance standards and Safety Standards.
- Electrical installations and PLC’s.
- Mechanical installations.
- General buildings and all utilities
- Comply with OHS Act Regulations and other Legislation.
- Involve with all new projects etc.
- Accurately carry out maintenance schedules for production machinery and services (Electrical and Mechanical)
- Carry out lubrication schedules.
- All work must be performed safely according to all safety regulations.
- Speedily rectify breakdowns and after hours call outs.
- Weekly shift and stand by duty to be performed as per
- Adhere to Company HSEE policy.
- Perform shift and standby call out duties.
- Working overtime when required as agreed by Plant Engineer.
- N4 in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering – Trade Tested or similar
- 5 years’ experience in a factory maintenance environment
- Computer literacy is a must.
- Ability to learn fast and be independent
- Excellent leadership and organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience in Computerized Maintenance Management Systems preferred.
- Own transport is essential