An exciting position for an Executive Assistant to the CEO has become available in the Sandton, Johannesburg area, whose primary responsibility is to provide logistical and office coordination support.
Specifically, the position is responsible for providing assistance to the CEO, providing general office management, meeting and event coordination.
The responsibilities include but are not limited to, managing calendars, making travel arrangements, attending meetings and preparing expense reports.
Key Performance Areas and Indicators:
- Provide sophisticated calendar management.
- Meeting and greeting visitors at all levels of seniority.
- Devising and maintaining office systems, including data management and filling.
- Prioritize inquiries and requests while troubleshooting conflicts with little guidance.
- Makes judgements and recommendations to ensure smooth day-to-day engagements.
- Plans, coordinates and ensures the CEO’s schedule is followed and respected.
- Creating win-win situations for the direct access to the CEO’S time and office.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the CEO’S office and departments, demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including personal correspondence and other tasks that facilitate the CEO’S ability to effectively lead the company.
- Act as the point of contact among executives, employees, clients and other external partners.
- Screening phone calls, enquiries and request, and handling them when appropriate.
- Dealing with incoming email, faxes and post, often corresponding on behalf of the CEO.
- Manage information flow in a timely and accurate manner.
- Arranging travel, visas and accommodation and, occasionally, travelling with CEO to take notes or dictation at meetings or to provide general assistance during presentations;
- Act as an office manager by keeping up with office supply inventory.
- Organising and attending meetings and ensuring the CEO is well prepared for meetings.
- Take minutes during meetings.
- Screen and direct phone calls and distribute correspondence.
- Producing documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations.
- Carrying out specific projects as directed by the CEO.
- Project managing upcoming Events.
- Reporting on the progress of Departments to the CEO, as per his request.
- Collecting and providing information/ documents to the CEO on Departments, as per his request.
- Researching different topics, as per the CEO’s request.
- Devising and implementing action plans, as per the CEO’s request.
Board Support and Liaison:
- Maintain discretion and confidentiality in relationships with all board members.
- Serves as CEO’s administrative liaison.
- Assist board members with travel arrangements and accommodation as needed.
- Board and Management pack development
Senior Management Liaison
- Assisting in scheduling meetings and attending all meetings.
- Assists in coordinating the agenda of senior management team meetings and all staff meetings.
- Ensuring that the tasks executed by the executive office have been met and or being tracked.
Communications, Partnerships, and Outreach
- Ensures that the CEO’s bio is kept updated and responds to requests for materials regarding the CEO and the organisation in general.
- Edits and completes first drafts for written communication to external stake holders.
- Work with the relevant departments to ensure that media communication viz. interviews, newspaper our social media reports are approved before publication.