How to Upload your Video CV on Job Mail
Job Mail launched an innovative feature for job seekers in 2013. You can upload a Video CV (a short video clip introducing yourself to an employer or recruiter). The aim is to tell the employer or recruiter why they should hire you in less than a minute. By uploading a Video CV, you get the opportunity to make a great first impression before even going for an interview!
So how do I upload my Video CV?
It’s quite easy and it only takes a few minutes.
2. Once you’ve logged in, click on “Edit my Personal Profile” on your dashboard. See the screenshot below.
3. Scroll down to Upload your video CV.
4. Choose the video file on your PC or phone. The file can be in any of the following movie formats: MOV, MPG, MPEG, MP4, FLV, 3GP or AVI.
5. Once you’ve chosen the file, click on “Save” to upload your Video CV.
You’ll see this message if the upload has been successful.
Your Video CV will be moderated by our moderation team and you will receive an email once it has been approved.
See the “how-to” for a Video CV below…or View Video CV examples
Tips for making your Video CV:
- Make sure your video does not contain any inappropriate content and has both audio and video (no funny business).
- Record your video with a plain static background and without any background noises.
- Your video should only be of you and no one else must be visible in the video
- Look presentable in the video (e.g be well-dressed as if for an interview) – remember you are selling yourself to the employer.
- Make sure the video is not too dark and has good lighting.
- Make sure the quality of the video is acceptable and the sound is good.
- The focus should be on your head and shoulders.
- Keep it brief, no longer than 2 minutes.
- Introduce yourself and mention your skills and strengths. It should almost be like a cover letter, but on video.
- Do not give the employer any contact details on your video – this can be provided on your real CV.
Spread the word about this great feature. Share this article with your friends on Facebook / Twitter. If you have any questions, feel free to e-mail our webmaster.
Latest posts by Liezl Grobler (see all)
- 5 Career alternatives when university isn’t an option - Jan 18, 2017
- 10 reasons why you should consider nursing jobs in South Africa - Nov 15, 2016
- 10 Do’s and Don’ts for your job applications on Job Mail - Aug 23, 2016