Job Mail joined the APSO Recruitment & Staffing Conference
Job Mail had the privilege to attend the annual APSO Recruitment & Staffing Conference on 28 June 2019 at the Wanderers Club in Illovo, Johannesburg.
This interactive event created an opportunity for all the key players in the recruitment industry to get together and share their challenges and solutions. It was also an excellent opportunity to build new partnerships.
APSO’s aim is to strive toward the formalisation and professionalisation of the South African staffing industry.
APSO (The Federation of African Professional Staffing Organisations) has been in existence since 1977 and is a proud member of the World Employment Confederation (WEC). It is also a founding member of the South African Confederation of Associates in Private Employment Sector (CAPES), the South African Chamber of Commerce & Industry (SACCI), and the Ethics Institute of South Africa.
The list of local and international speakers at the APSO Conference in attendance:
- Vanessa Raath
- Katrina Collier
- Adele du Rand
- Justin Cohen
- Robyn Banks
- John Botha
- Judite Jenkins
- Devan Moonsamy
- Farhad Bhyat
- Sipho Dube
- Alex Granger
Panel discussion topics at APSO included:
- The changing recruitment landscape and the future of recruitment.
- What are clients really looking for from recruiters.
- What expanded services are on offer.
- How technology can assist in the hiring process.
- What new methods of candidate sourcing are available.
We also had the opportunity to connect with our recent integrated partners, Placement Partner and Logic Melon, who expressed their excitement and eagerness to work together to offer recruiters a product that delivers results.
Job Mail’s determination to help employ the nation powers their drive to improve their quality of service, industry knowledge, and willingness to try out innovative new methods. More employers and recruiters are taking hand with Job Mail to change the country for the better and we know that an exciting time awaits.
Job Mail Staff Writer
Latest posts by Job Mail Staff Writer (see all)
- 14 recruitment tips you need to embrace - Sep 19, 2019
- Physiotherapist: Job overview, duties, and other information - Sep 17, 2019
- What you need to know about becoming an anaesthesiologist - Sep 12, 2019