Getting no response on your job application?
Here are a few tips/reasons to put your mind at ease:
- If you completed the application form on the job advert, and saw the “You have successfully applied” page, it means your CV plus your Cover Letter HAS been submitted to the job advertiser.
- Employers receive many responses from job ads, and it could be that they are still filtering through these applications and shortlisting good CV’s. Yours could be one of them…
- Employers have the option to switch instant notifications of new CV’s on or off. It could be that the recipient of your CV has switched off their notifications and will only view your CV once they log into their account at a later stage.
If you have not heard from the employer in about 2 weeks after the job ad has expired, the best would be to give them a quick call to enquire on the status of your application.
Should you be concerned they did not receive your application, you can always make sure by clicking here and viewing your job applications. If it reflects here it means the application has been delivered successfully.
Good luck with your job-hunting and don’t let getting no response on your job application deter you… Keep going!
Latest posts by Liezl Grobler (see all)
- 5 Career alternatives when university isn’t an option - Jan 18, 2017
- 10 reasons why you should consider nursing jobs in South Africa - Nov 15, 2016
- 10 Do’s and Don’ts for your job applications on Job Mail - Aug 23, 2016