Digital strategist: an exciting job in the digital environment
Do you want to become a digital strategist? These professionals play an important role in the marketing industry. With the rapid development of technology, there’s a need for professionals who can help businesses to increase their digital footprint. Visit Job Mail and find a diverse range of marketing vacancies.
Digital Marketing Strategist Duties
The responsibilities of a digital strategist depend on the size of the company as well as the organization’s business goals. The number of people in the marketing team also impacts the duties that these professionals are expected to perform. It may be necessary for them to carry out a wide range of tasks or they could be asked to focus on one function.
A digital marketing strategist is responsible for developing and implementing marketing campaigns. They combine creativity with technological know-how to help businesses to connect with customers online. They are required to notice trends and use this information to promote the sale of products or services. They use content as well as SEO to get the job done. Data analysis and reporting is an important part of this role as this information is used to monitor the success of campaigns and to increase the impact of these campaigns in the future.
Staying up to date with the latest digital tools is an important part of this role. Digital strategists also need to take the company’s budget into account when they’re developing online strategies that make an impact.
Advantages of becoming a digital strategist
With the growth of technology, there’s an increased demand for digital strategists. Companies are focusing on their social media and online marketing more than ever before, which means that you’re more likely to get hired. If you love technology, this career can be very satisfying and interesting.
As a digital strategist, you can find employment marketing companies or large corporations that do their own marketing. Suitable vacancies are also available at advertising firms. Another option is to set up your own consultancy and become self-employed. If you’re hired by a company, you can expect to work regular business hours in an office. However, self-employed digital strategists enjoy a more flexible schedule.
Skills and knowledge
- Data analysis skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Written and verbal communication capabilities
- Understanding of business
- Knowledge of web analytics
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to use digital tools
- Knowledge of SEO, Google AdWords Campaigns, Google Analytics, Social Campaigns and other website related tools
- Logical thinking
A related tertiary qualification forms a good foundation for your career as a digital strategist. However, work experience is also important as it gives you the opportunity to develop your skills. An entry-level position can help you to gain the experience that you need. Industry knowledge is vital if you want to get hired so it’s advisable to keep up to date with changes in the digital environment.
If you would like to study, here are some options to consider:
- A business science degree in marketing or advertising – You can study at most universities and tertiary education institutes.
- A bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications or journalism – Available at both universities and other tertiary education institutes.
- Short or online courses in paid advertising, SEO, Social Media or Web Analytics – Mostly available at tertiary institutes, such as colleges, but online as well.
- Analytics Manager
- Digital Marketing Manager
- Brand Manager
- Social Media Manager
- Communications Specialist
- SEO Specialist
With the right qualifications and skills, you can enjoy a rewarding career as a digital strategist. Find marketing vacancies on Job Mail and gain the experience that you need to succeed in this industry.
Job Mail Staff Writer
Latest posts by Job Mail Staff Writer (see all)
- 14 recruitment tips you need to embrace - Sep 19, 2019
- Physiotherapist: Job overview, duties, and other information - Sep 17, 2019
- What you need to know about becoming an anaesthesiologist - Sep 12, 2019