3 reasons why you should consider working in Johannesburg
Are you considering to move to Gauteng for job opportunities? Johannesburg might be one of your best options. Besides being the biggest man made forest in the world (with over 10 million trees) this buzzing metropolis has a lot to offer job seekers. No wonder thousands of people migrate to Jozi every year in search of a better future.
Today I’m providing you with 3 reasons why you should consider working in Johannesburg:
1. Highest salaries for jobs in South Africa: Companies in Johannesburg generally have a reputation for paying more than companies in other cities and towns in our country. It depends on the field that you want to work in and other factors, but in some cases companies in Johannesburg could pay you close to double the salary for a job that you might be doing in another region right now.
2. Wide range of job opportunities: There are a wide range of jobs in Johannesburg. The opportunities are truly endless in this city (which is also the biggest metropolis in Sub-Saharan Africa). Most of the SA Financial powerhouses like First National Bank and Standard Bank have regional or head offices here. There’s a booming IT sector and regional / head offices for telecommunication companies like Cell C, Vodacom and MTN. There are also loads of manufacturing, engineering and automotive companies that have potential jobs.
Jozi also has tons of shopping malls offering retail job opportunities and hundreds of restaurants, cafe’s and bistros with potential opportunities for bar ladies, waiters and kitchen staff. Don’t forget about the opportunities in the gaming, entertainment and media industry in Johannesburg. This city has a fair share of casinos (like Montecasino and Emperor’s Palace) and most of South Africa’s radio stations (like 5FM and Metro FM) and TV stations (like SABC 1 and E-TV) broadcast from this city of gold.
Side Note: At the moment you could stand a chance to be on the new edition of the TV soap Generations, click here to find out more.
3. Easy to commute: This city offers a wide range of commuting options. Getting around in your own car in Joburg is fairly easy because it’s the city with the most highways in SA. Do take note that traffic can be hectic sometimes though. If you don’t have your own car, you can catch a taxi to almost anywhere in Jozi or you have the option to use the Gautrain, take advantage of Rea Veya rapid transport system, get on a JHB Metrobus or use other bus services that operate all over the city.
Well, there you go, 3 reasons why you should consider working in Johannesburg. If you can think of another reason, feel free to comment on this article and let us know. Feedback is appreciated and welcome here.
Looking for jobs in Johannesburg? Check out the latest listings on Job Mail NOW!
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Make Your Job Search a Success! - May 4, 2018
- Frequently Asked Questions From Job Seekers Who Use Job Mail - Apr 19, 2017
- Frequently asked Questions from Employers who use Job Mail - Mar 13, 2017