Building / Construction / Mining jobs you don’t need a degree for
Still job hunting? Why don’t you kick-start your career in the Building / Construction / Mining industry. There are some jobs that you can do without a degree in these industries and today we’re pointing out three of them:
1. Miner: Miners are valuable members of the workforce that engage in the risky but essential task of extracting minerals and other important substances from the earth. The materials that are harvested are used to provide a number of goods and services to the buying public. In some cases, the miner works with highly technical equipment, and in other situations, he might perform his duties with the same simple tools that have been used for centuries.
2. Site Foreman: The site foreman on a job site manages the workers and maintains the work schedule. By assigning jobs to specific individuals and groups, the site foreman makes sure the time frame of the job is adhered to, as well as the proper sequence of the different jobs. It is also the duty of the site foreman to ensure that certain jobs are completed in order to allow the next job to be completed. While most individual contractors and subcontractors are on the site to manage their respective employees, the foreman maintains communication between all of the individual foremen and is responsible for their collective work product.
3. Landscaper: Not quite in the building industry, but it often goes hand-in-hand. This job is a little trickier because it requires knowledge of plants and design principles as well as heat tolerance, but in general it can be a lucrative field if you work in a high-income area. Nobody does their own gardening these days, they need someone who can do it for them.
Well, there you have it, 3 jobs that you can do in the Building / Constructing / Mining industry without a degree. There are many others jobs that fit into this industry, so make sure that you check out the Building / Constructing / Mining category on Job Mail for the latest listings. If you’re not registered on Job Mail as a job seeker yet, click here to start the process.
This is the fifth part in our 6 part series featuring jobs you can do without a degree and also part of #JobMailTipOftheDay campaign, so if this field is not your cup of tea, read the previous articles we’ve published on the Job Mail Blog.
Latest posts by Angelique Robbertse (see all)
- A Day in the Life of an Interior Decorator (in photos) - August 2, 2016
- 8 Embarrassing Job Interview Mistakes and How to Avoid Them - July 27, 2016
- 4 Questions to Ask Before Entering the Hotel Management Industry - June 28, 2016