3 Jobs you can do in the General Employment Industry without a degree
Not sure what you are good at or what industry you want to go into? Try getting a job in the general employment industry as a starting point. This way you can get into a good company and work your way up. Today we’re focusing on 3 of them:
1. Driver: There are tons of companies and businesses out there that need drivers to transports goods or deliver messages. You don’t need to have a degree, but you do need the required driver’s license. Get the required license to be a truck driver (Code 10 or Code 14) and offer your services to potential clients. Get a PDP (or Professional Driving Permit) on top of that and you can drive a bus or taxi with passenger or transport dangerous goods on a public road. You can work for one company and they provide the transport or purchase your own transport and become a freelancer.
2. Au Pair: A few years ago this was not a very well-known position, but these days with moms working all day and the kids that still need to get their homework done and go to sport, it has become necessary to get in some extra help. You can become an au pair part time while studying or even full time. It would help to have a driver’s licence and by doing a first aid course you could improve your chances of joining a higher profile family. There are a few recruitment agencies that specialize in this industry and would be able to give you more information.
3. Security: There are a few avenues you can join in the security industry, from becoming a security guard to a control room operator. Start at the bottom and work your way up as you gain experience.
Well, there you have it, 3 jobs that you can do in the general employment industry without a degree. There are many others jobs that fit into this industry, so make sure that you check out the General Employment job category on Job Mail for the latest listings. If you’re not registered on Job Mail as a job seeker yet, click here to start the process.
This is the fourth part in our 5 part series featuring jobs you can do without a degree and also part of #JobMailTipOftheDay campaign, so if general employment is not your cup of tea, read the previous articles we’ve published on the Job Mail Blog.
Latest posts by Angelique Robbertse (see all)
- A Day in the Life of an Interior Decorator (in photos) - August 2, 2016
- 8 Embarrassing Job Interview Mistakes and How to Avoid Them - July 27, 2016
- 4 Questions to Ask Before Entering the Hotel Management Industry - June 28, 2016