3 jobs you can do in the Admin Industry without a degree
Not sure where to start your career path? Did you know that you there are jobs you can do in the Admin Industry without a degree? If you have matric and you are computer literate this is one of the ideal job fields you should look at. Choose one of these three jobs to kick-start your career:
1. Sales Representative: Do you have the ability to sell goods or services? This might just be the job for you. Look around, there are many companies who offer training for first time sales reps and it’s a great place to kick-start your career as a professional sales person.
As you gain experience you’ll develop and improve your communication skills, learn how to manage and improve your self-confidence, how to be persuasive and how to motivate yourself. You’ll also build strong relationships with the people that you deal with. All of these skills will be helpful if you want to work your way up the corporate sales ladder or if you’re venturing into another field of employment.
2. Secretary / PA: If you’re good at administrative tasks, have good organisational skills, are good with answering the phone and if you’ve done a short course to sharpen up your skills, you could find a job as a secretary / PA for a general business. If you’re professional and good at what you do, you could end up working as an Executive PA for a Director of a company.
3. Data Capturer: Data capture refers to any process of converting or translating data into a machine readable form. This process of data acquisition involves analogue to digital conversion. For example: Scanning of bar codes or hard copies to digital format. Usually one would need to be computer literate to an extent as you will be capturing data in a software program. If you’re not computer literate, teach yourself basic skills and learn how to use software on a friend’s computer or do a short course in computer literacy to sharpen up your skills.
Well, there you have it, 3 jobs you can do in the Admin Industry that you can do without a degree. Can you think of more jobs in this industry that you can do without a degree? Leave a comment and let us know.
This article is the 3rd part in our jobs that you can do without a degree series and also part of our #JobMailTipOfTheDay campaign, so keep an eye on Facebook, Twitter, Google+ and Linkedin for updates.
Watch this space for more articles aimed at job seekers, on the Job Mail Blog.
Latest posts by Angelique Robbertse (see all)
- A Day in the Life of an Interior Decorator (in photos) - August 2, 2016
- 8 Embarrassing Job Interview Mistakes and How to Avoid Them - July 27, 2016
- 4 Questions to Ask Before Entering the Hotel Management Industry - June 28, 2016