The job hunt sometimes feels like a 007 James Bond mission, wouldnâ€™t you agree? There are times when you feel that you have been given an assignment and after receiving the mission you are deployed to the job market, but you may not necessarily have the adequate line of attack.
An updated and optimised online CV is your best line of attack in the over crowed job market. Â A good online CV works while you sleep. It is up to you to ensure that you fill-in your CV with all your qualifications, skills, employment history and continue to actively search for job positions that match your expectations.
The good news is that mission job huntÂ doesn’tÂ have to be a complex and painstaking task. Job Mail recently announced itsÂ new and improved Job Mail CV that is designed to make your job hunting mission easier to achieve, by completing a few easy tasks.
The Task list includes:
(1) Activating your CV
(2) Completing your Employment history
(3) Filling in your Skills Matrix
(4) Entering your Qualifications
Reasons why the new improved Job Mail CV will make your brand desirable:
- If your CV is active then recruiters can find you when they are looking for an individual with specific skills. If your CV is 50% then it is not active and you will not be found by your future employer
- If you complete your employment history as well as your experience on your CV, you have a better chance of being matched Â to a job position. When a recruiter places a job post on Job Mail, our system automatically sends them a list of candidates that match the job post based on experience requirement that was mentioned in the job vacancy. Â It is very important for you to add the experience you have in a certain field so that you come up in these recruiter alerts.
- If your skills matrix is done correctly, then you have a better chance of being considered for a job that requires those sets of skills. It is still up to you to apply for as many jobs as you can where you know your skills could be used. It is important that you place all your skills within the Skills Matrix. If you can produce films, make excellent tea and are also a master at sales, make sure all these skills are logged into your Skills Matrix. You never know the art of tea making may just be the skill that gets you that dream job!
- It is also important for you to enter your qualifications as you may be qualified to do a very specific job that a head hunter may be looking for. If you have the qualifications to do this specialised job then you will be moved to the top of the search bar for recruiters to see because your training and education matches their requirements better than any otherÂ candidates
- Once your CV is updated with all the new fields it is up to you to apply, apply and continue applying.
- Once you have completed the task list, then your online Job Mail CV is updated and active! Now all you have to do, is get your act together andÂ pro-activelyÂ sell your brand!
TheÂ new Job Mail CV has a couple of new features that will make your online brand more eye-catching to top notched recruiters and employers. The Job Mail Online CV also has a lot more drop-down fields,Â tick boxes and text boxes, to make sure that registering your CV online is quicker and easier Â to achieve. In just 24 quick steps you can create an online presence on Job Mail so that you can start selling your brand to South Africa’s top recruiters and employers.
What are you waiting for? If you are already registered as a Job Mail Job Seeker, then complete the 4 tasks now to make your CV super-improved. For those of you that still donâ€™t have a Job Mail CV then sign-up today!
Latest posts by OlgaQ (see all)
- Get Recruitment Agencies to hire for you - February 27, 2012
- Get access to more clients and recruit for them today! - February 27, 2012
- 6 Tips to attract top-tiered candidates - January 25, 2012