Job Mail is continuing its mission to inform the public about scams that aim to defraud South Africans.Â A fake competition scam has stuck out its ugly head over the last few days. This time Job Mail users (employers and job seekers) are being targeted via SMS. The SMS is being sent fromÂ 079-3403104 / 081 2516654Â and users are informed that they have to contact Mr James / Mrs Laureen Brian on 071-4931885 / 081 259 7572Â with their personal information in order to win a brand new Polo Vivo. The scammer also provides users with a reference number similar to “JM 01012za” or “JM 05012ZA”.
Job Mail is NOT running this competition. This person is not an employee working for Job Mail, he’s a scammer trying to defraud Job Mail users out of Â money
The Job Mail team would like to remind you about the followingÂ when it comes to competitions at Job Mail:
- All Job Mail competitions are announcedÂ on the Job Mail Blog.
- Notification of all Job Mail competitions are sent out via Job Mail Newsletters (from the email@example.com e-mail address)
- Notifications of all Job Mail competitions and winners will be posted on the Job MailÂ Facebook page.
- Entrants are not required to pay money to enter any Job Mail competitions
- Competition Winners are not notified via a response e-mail on their Job Mail profiles.
- Competition Winners are not notified via SMS
If you receive the SMS from Mr James, please ignore it and delete it from your cell phone. Report the number(s) that you are receiving the SMS from to the service provider (in this case Vodacom).
Be Smart, Be Savvy, Be Safe and Avoid this attempted scam. If you encounter this scam or any other fraudulent activity via Job Mail, please report it to our Job Mail Care consultant via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or telephonically on 012-3423840 x2620 (during office hours).
Latest posts by Henno Kruger (see all)
- Job Well Done Award goes to 2 South African Sports teams - December 9, 2013
- How to clean up your digital footprint (Video) - December 6, 2013
- 3 ways entrepreneurs can use the Nextbook Premium 7 for business - December 2, 2013